The EQ switch converts the tone from the TightDrive EQ to a new PlexEQ which gives the pedal the classic vintage stack tones….a little less mids, and the classic 412 bottom, but this FatRock version doesn’t add as much sizzle as the TightRock PlexEQ does. The Gain Boost switch modifies the gain from a classic distortion sound to a very modern amount of gain, but doesn’t color the sound of your amp as much as the TightMetal. With the Gain Boost and EQ turned off the pedal can be used as a fat overdrive for an already distorted amp or pedal, without changing the character very much. The TightRock noise gate has also been retweaked to make it smoother, and to sound better with the reduced highs of the FatRock to allow it to work better for solos.
A new cool Amptweaker feature is the SideTrak™ effects loop.Several consumer requests led to this extra effects loop that turns OFF when the pedal is ON. Since the FatRock makes such a good ‘solo’ pedal, it’s the perfect pedal to include this unique idea.
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for the rhythm sound…all without having to hit more than one switch….it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don’t plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp…..meaning you could have the FatRock going through a 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
All other features from the TightRock remain intact, including the Effects Loop with its Pre/Post switch, the LED illumination of the controls, and the Battery On/Off switch and magnetic battery access door. The rear effects loop send can also be used as a clean guitar send for re-amping in the studio if switched to Pre.
- True Bypass switch
- Tight Attack Control
- Gain, Tone, & Volume Controls
- Noise Gate with auto threshold based on gain
- EQ switch with PlexEQ setting
- Gain Boost switch
- EFX Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Ftsw
- SideTrak™ EFX loop that works when pedal is bypassed!
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Current: 14mA with 9V battery, 20mA with 9V adapter
- Works with 9V-18V supplies–like ‘variacing’ your amp up and down
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Handmade in the USA