The biggest number of Product Idea submissions received so far were from people looking for overdrive and/or boost pedals that could provide tighter low end. This led to the Tight Control, which allows you to adjust the amp’s attack, varying it from smooth and singing to chunky and aggressive attack.
When combined with the Gain, Tone, and Volume controls, a lot of different distortion sounds are possible. The tonal variations range from thick bass tones, from barely clean and fat walking blues, to crunchy rhythm sounds, all the way up to seriously overdriving your tube amp for really heavy bass. It’s also possible to use it to clean up a tube amp that might otherwise sound too floppy when you play it really hard.
Another popular Bass TightDrive feature is the rear effects loop which allows you to add any kind of effect to this overdrive pedal, so you can customize your tone further. There’s even a Pre/Post button underneath the pedal so you can move the outboard effect in front of or after the Bass TightDrive. When you bypass the TightDrive pedal, the other effect or effects will be bypassed as well. This feature is great if you want to further tweak the distortion tone with a Pre or Post EQ, or to add compression in front, or an octaver, chorus or other favorite effect.
- True Bypass switch
- Tight Attack Control
- Gain, Tone, & Volume Controls
- Effects Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Footswitch
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- 14Ga. Steel chassis
- Handmade in the USA
- 11mA current consumption(battery)
- 26mA current consumption(9V power supply)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Dimensions 3.75″W X 5″D X 2″H