FR-X 15a operates over the nominal frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz. The AF versatile horn generates a 80°x30° asymmetric directivity pattern and is easy to rotate in a few seconds. The cabinets are made of first grade Baltic birch plywood.
The FR-X rigging system allows assembling a horizontal or vertical array with constant curvature. Coupling between traditional horns causes a lot of comb effect resulting in poor sound projection and coherence in the space due to bad coupling between cabinets.
Thanks to the AF horn and specific DSP treatment, comb effects are eliminated to ensure a perfect coupling between FRX-a cabinets and create a coherent wavefront at any location. We call that ‘’X-comb’’ technology that permits the use of rotating horn to adapt directivity and curvature array.
- Multi-functional FOH system
- For audiances of 100-3000 people
- Plug & Play system
- Adaptive (rotable) AF horn 80×30°
- X-comb technology inside
- Optimised for medium throw applications
- Active/Passive versions
|Description||2-way, vented self-powered FOH system|
|Usable bandwith (-6dB)||50 Hz – 20 kHz ([Extended] preset)|
|Maximum SPL Peak / 1m||139.5 dB (1)|
|Coverage angle (-6dB)||80° x 30°, “VERH-II” rotating system (2)|
|Transducers||LF: 1 x 15″, neodymium, weather resistant,
HF: 1 x 1,4″, ferrite, compression driver, AF versatile horn
|Input impedance||10 kΩ balanced|
|RMS power handling||2200 W (3)|
|Connectors||Balanced 1 x IN, 1x OUT Neutrik© XLR
1 x IN, 1 x OUT Neutrik© Powercon
|Rigging components||H coupling bars + standard cargo|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||680 x 429 x 437 mm (incl. feet) / 22,5°|
|Weight||35 kg / 77 lb|
|Cabinet||Baltic birch plywood|
|Finish||High resistant Polyurea coating|
|Front||Steel removable grill on magnets|
|Mounting accessories||d35 steel flange|
(1) Peak SPL is calculated on built in amplifier’s peak output voltage limit, perfectly matched with specific FR-X 15a driver.
(2) ”VERH-II’ system to change directivity in less than 1min without tools.
(3) RMS power is given by the RMS power handling of the specific FR-X 15a driver.